Sunday, March 10, 2024

Emmy & Oliver

 Book 26 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from March 8 - 10

Emmy & Oliver
by Robin Benway

My Opinion
3 stars

I started reading and before I knew it 100 pages had passed.  It's a very easy style to get sucked into.  Although it took me 3 days to read it, I read it in 2 sittings; there was a day in between where I was too busy to read at all.

So the book was incredibly readable, I liked the dynamics between the characters, and I would definitely read this author again.  So why only 3 stars (and a low 3, almost a 2, rating at that)?  The situation that led to the 10 years apart was too contrived and then the ending was even worse.  I think the book either needed to be the light read it was the majority of the time and find another reason to create tension and drama, or it needed to dive more into the kidnapping.  This book didn't really do justice to either one...I was overlooking it until the resolution at the end and I just absolutely couldn't get behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment