Friday, March 15, 2024

Pretty Guilty Women

 Book 28 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from March 10 - 15

Pretty Guilty Women
by Gina LaManna

My Opinion
3 stars

I'm torn on this book.  It was a fast-paced quick read and I really liked the characters' interactions with each other.  However, there were a lot of things that fit together implausibly to make a perfectly imperfect arc.

It had a weird combination of women spilling secrets within minutes of meeting a stranger yet not communicating with their known friends/partners.  The oversharing was necessary and moved the story along but some of the concerns could've been cleared up very quickly if they had been shared with the actual parties involved instead of strangers.

Just over halfway through I started to form an idea on the victim and circumstances but did not predict the final twist at all.

So all in all, I'm rating it in the middle.  If you can ignore some plotholes and go along for the ride, this would be a good, light read.  But I also can't recommend it wholeheartedly without adding the caveat that it won't stand up to scrutiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment