Sunday, March 3, 2024

The Echo of Old Books

 Book 23 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from February 27 - March 2

The Echo of Old Books
by Barbara Davis

My Opinion
5 stars

First of all, what a lovely gift, to be able to feel the emotions of the previous owners of the books she holds.  I understand there would be downsides of sadness and/or fear but the character reveres books as a reader and a bookstore owner and I can see how this would add an extra layer to her already enthusiastic reading.

5 stars because I read about 90% of it in the span of one day; I just kept coming back to it and was thinking about it when I wasn't reading it.  

This one hit me.  I'm not going to overanalyze it because 5 stars are usually more about how they made me feel.  It may not connect with everyone but it did with me.

The story progressed nicely and the circumstances teetered justthisclose to believable.  Having it set in the 80's helped with some of the reveals; you couldn't just get on the Internet and have answers in minutes.

The ending was a little cheesy but I don't mind having everything wrapped up with a little bow.


No comments:

Post a Comment