Friday, March 8, 2024

UNSUB

 Book 24 of my 2024 Reading Challenge
read from March 3 - 7

UNSUB
by Meg Gardiner

My Opinion
5 stars

Fuuuuuck.  This was a trip from start to finish.  Perfect pacing because I didn't skip ahead at all.  I love to read thrillers yet have a low tolerance for the uncomfortable feeling so I usually have to find a spoiler and relieve some tension.  With this book I was incredibly tempted twice but I didn't peek.

I had to get up and take a lap about halfway through after a particular reveal.  It didn't feel right (and wasn't right) but it was such a gut check.  And the ending added one more little punch to wrap things up.

However, after raving about this book, I probably won't continue the series.  My library only had the first one and the main reason I liked this book was the case itself (which was solved) and the dynamic between some of the characters that would not be continuing in future books.  I'd probably read more if I saw them but I'm not seeking them out.


No comments:

Post a Comment