Monday, December 30, 2013

Girl Walks into a Bar

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 95.

Girl Walks into a Bar...Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle by Rachel Dratch

Summary:
The longer the title, the shorter the summary.  Rachel Dratch (most famous for her time on SNL) writes about her attempts at dating, her surprise pregnancy at age 43, and new motherhood.
A quote from her book that sums it up pretty well:  "So you're forty-three and think you can't have kids but unexpectedly got pregnant on a trip to Hawaii with a guy you've known for six months who you think is a good guy but the two of you aren't even close to any sort of a commitment".

My Opinion:
A light, enjoyable read.  Rachel made me smile without forcing the funny and she is a great storyteller.

Quote from the Book:
"I was forty-three years old and I was actually seeing the benefits of not having kids and was accepting my fate after all those years of struggling.  Then, I met a guy in a bar."




No comments:

Post a Comment