Saturday, December 7, 2013

The Bitches of Brooklyn

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 87.

I would like to thank NetGalley and Chestnut Hill Books for the opportunity to read and honestly review this book.

The Bitches of Brooklyn by Rosemary Harris

Summary (via Goodreads):
Four friends from Brooklyn await the arrival of a fifth at a Cape Cod bungalow where they spend an all-girls weekend every summer.  But this time the fifth woman doesn't show.  Instead she sends a note that reads - "I've run off with one of your men".
Fast, funny and filled with Harris' trademark snappy dialog and quirky characters forced to reevaluate their friendships, their marriages, and their memories.

My Opinion:
I'm pretty neutral about this book - neither great nor bad, it didn't generate much emotion for me either way.  I thought the premise was intriguing but it had less bite than I expected based on the title and description.  A quick, light read; I was definitely interested in who the man was but the big reveal didn't knock my socks off.

Quote of the Blog:
*Since I read an ARC of this book, I can't quote directly from it as I normally would.  Instead, I've found another quote that seems fitting.
"Talk between women friends is always therapy..." ~ Jayne Anne Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment