Monday, December 30, 2013

Under the Duvet

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 97.

Under the Duvet by Marian Keyes

Summary:
A collection of nonfiction essays from author Marian Keyes, some of which were previously published in magazines and newspapers and some of which are published here for the first time.

My Opinion:
I really liked all of the fiction books by Keyes that I've read but it's been awhile since I had read anything by her.  So as I was scanning my books today looking for a light read, I decided to pull this one out (published in 2004, it's been on my shelf for years) and use the opportunity to revisit her writing.
Although her writing style seems to be a bit better suited for her longer fiction novels (just as the story picked up steam, it was over), I wasn't disappointed with this book.  It was a nice reminder for me to see if she's written anything recently that I haven't read yet.

My Favorite Story:
"Till Debt Us Do Part"

No comments:

Post a Comment