Monday, December 16, 2013

I Don't Want to Kill You

My goal is to read 100 books by the end of 2013.  I just finished book 90.

I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells

Summary (via the book jacket):
John Cleaver has called a demon - literally called it on the phone - and challenged it to a fight.  He's faced two monsters already, barely escaping with his life, and now he's done running; he's bringing the fight to them.  As he wades through the town's darkest secrets, searching for any sign of who the demon might be, one thing becomes all too clear: in a game of cat and mouse with a supernatural killer, you are always the mouse.
In I Am Not a Serial Killer, we watched a budding sociopath break every rule he had to save his town from evil.  In Mr. Monster, we held our breath as he fought madly with himself, struggling to stay in control.  Now John Wayne Cleaver has master his twisted talents and embraced his role as a killer of killers.  I Don't Want to Kill You brings his story to a thundering climax of suspicion, mayhem, and death.
It's time to punish the guilty.
And in a town full of secrets, everyone is guilty of something.

My Opinion:
This was an excellent trilogy, and this book may be my favorite of the three.  The author does a great job of building suspense, breaking the tension, then building it up again.  And the ending...wow.  Even though it wrapped up really well, there was just enough of the old "The End???" trick creepy movies use to keep me thinking after the book was closed.
It was very visual and I think it would translate well into a movie.  I wouldn't watch it because I hate scary movies, but I think other people would enjoy it.
Recommended to someone looking for quick but dark reads.

Quote from the Book:
"Yes, finding a killer is easy.  Finding someone before they kill is almost impossible."


No comments:

Post a Comment