Sunday, December 31, 2017

Amy

Book 71 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from December 16 - 25

Amy by Peg Sutherland

Summary (via the book jacket)
A golden wedding usually means a family celebration. But the Hardaway sisters drifted apart years ago. And each has her own reason for wanting no part of a family reunion. As plans for the party proceed, tensions mount, until it even begins to look as fi their parents' marriage might fall apart before the big event. Can the daughters put aside old hurts and betrayals...for the sake of the family?
Amy Hardaway has managed to persuade her older sister, Megan to come home to Hurricane Beach to help talk some sense into their parents. Now she has to work on Lisa, the youngest Hardaway. It shouldn't be too difficult. After all, Lisa's gorgeous ex-husband, Jon, is back in town. 
Jon Costas has come home to help deal with his missing brother's teenage daughter. He's not interested in seeing his ex-wife again. But he's finding Amy harder and harder to resist. Could he be falling in love with another Hardaway woman? If so, his timing couldn't be worse!

My Opinion
I picked up this book at Goodwill solely because I was with my friend Amy when I saw it. 

I'm just realizing as I'm looking at the summary that the anniversary party didn't actually happen in this book.  I know this is part of a "Sisters" trilogy set so I guess I'm lucky that I picked up the first one if the others build off of this one.  If I happened to see another book from the set I'd pick it up to see how they settle everything but will not be putting any effort in searching it out.

For what the book is, a Harlequin Superromance, it is fine and there is way more plot than romance.  The plotline involving the niece was a little heavy and wrapped up too neatly - there were probably other, lesser things she could've been getting involved in that would still lead to the need for the search and such that wouldn't be a felony.

No comments:

Post a Comment