Sunday, December 31, 2017

The Liars' Asylum

Book 64 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from October 13 - 24

**I received an electronic copy of this book via NetGalley and would like to thank the author and/or publisher for the opportunity to read and honestly review it**

The Liars' Asylum by Jacob M. Appel 

Summary (via NetGalley)
The frustrations of romantic love in its various guises - a domineering kindergarten teacher for a dashing artificial foliage designer, a suicidal physicist for his star student, a dialysis patient at a sleep-away camp for the camp owner's daughter - provide the common theme for the stories in Jacob M. Appel's seventh collection. We meet a psychiatrist dabbling with infidelity during a crisis in which rain turns into truth serum, a Finnish-American soldier charged with facilitating his commanding officer's extra-marital affair, and a couple transporting a wealthy, "locked-in" patient across the Piedmont to his new nursing home. 
Appel's literary short fiction offers a quirky window into the pangs and promise of love.

My Opinion
I loved the line, " 'I'm the cart,' I answered. 'Not the horse.' "

I enjoy the author and will continue reading him.

No comments:

Post a Comment