Sunday, December 31, 2017

MAD Librarian

Book 61 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from September 17 - October 11

**I received an electronic copy of this book via NetGalley and would like to thank the author and/or publisher for the opportunity to read and honestly review it**

MAD Librarian by Michael Guillebeau

Summary (via NetGalley)
When the city cuts off funding for her library, Serenity Hammer embezzles from a neglected city fund that turns out to be the conduit for all state political corruption. Now she has all the money she needs to build the library her city deserves - if she can do it fast and stay alive.

My Opinion
I'm a fan that half of the book's profits go to a librarian fund.

As a former librarian there were many points where I was yelling "Preach" as I was reading and sending lines to my friends still working there.  Both frustrating points about funding and quiet moments about finding peace in the shelves (personally, my place of Zen I go to in my mind will always be opening the library on Sunday afternoons when I would be the first one there and walk around taking an extra second in the stacks before turning the lights on).

Haha, the first rule for writing and sex: Keep your hand moving.

Perfect out-of-context chapter title: "need to check out a placenta? call your librarian."

It went off the rails a bit but suspend your belief and enjoy a little vigilante justice from unexpected places.


No comments:

Post a Comment