Sunday, December 31, 2017

Necromancing the Stone

Book 60 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from September 11 - 30

Necromancing the Stone by Lish McBride
Book 2 in the Necromancer series

Summary (via Goodreads)
With the defeat of the evil necromancer Douglas behind him, Sam LaCroix is getting used to his new life. Okay, so he hadn't exactly planned to be a powerful necromancer with a seat on the local magical council and a capricious werewolf sort-of-girlfriend, but things are going fine, right?
Well...not really. He's pretty tired of getting beat up by everyone and their mother, for one thing, and he can't help but feel that his new house hates him. His best friend is a were-bear, someone is threatening his sister, and while Sam realizes that he himself has a lot of power at his fingertips, he's not exactly sure how to use it. Which turns out to be kind of a problem when someone close to him turns up dead.

My Opinion
I love this series and this second book didn't lose any originality or humor from the first.  Everything from the chapter titles to the dialogue makes me smile and I look forward to seeing what's next.

Quote from the Book
"Sleep had become a treasured commodity to me the last few months. I'd been short on it before - I went to college briefly - but that wasn't the same thing. There's a difference between missing a few hours to finish a paper or cram for a midterm and losing sleep because someone is trying to kill you and your loved ones." 

No comments:

Post a Comment