Sunday, December 31, 2017

An Object of Beauty

Book 72 of my 2017 Reading Challenge
read from December 25 - 29

An Object of Beauty by Steve Martin

Summary (via Goodreads)
Lacey Yeager is young, captivating, and ambitious enough to take the NYC art world by storm. Groomed at Sotheby's and hungry to keep climbing the social and career ladders put before her, Lacey charms men and women, old and young, rich and even richer with her magnetic charisma and liveliness. Her ascension to the highest tiers of the city parallel the soaring heights--and, at times, the dark lows--of the art world and the country from the late 1990s through today.

My Opinion
I was absorbed.  I didn't always like Lacey but I did always understand her.

I will definitely be looking for more of Steve Martin's writing.

Quote from the Book
"I am tired, so very tired of thinking about Lacey Yeager, yet I worry that unless I write her story down, and see it bound and tidy on my bookshelf, I will be unable to ever write about anything else."

No comments:

Post a Comment