Monday, December 5, 2016

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

Book 33 of my 2016 Reading Challenge
read from March 30 - April 01

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Book 1 of the Mara Dyer series

Summary (via Goodreads)
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.

My Opinion
Holy hell, what did I just read?  It's weird to give 5 stars to a book when I'm not even sure if I liked it.  

This unreliable narrator may be a little too unreliable; it made my head hurt trying to figure out what was going on.

I raced through the pages but it was more for the relationship and flutters of romance than the mystery.

It's a mindfuck but what a ride...I can't wait to continue the series.

A Few Quotes from the Book
"I decided not to tell [my mom] about my little adventure today; if she watched me any closer, she'd turn into the Eye of Sauron. And then she'd follow through on her threat of therapy and medication. Neither option sounded particularly appealing, and really, now that I knew what was happening, I could deal with it.
Until I fell asleep."

"I was happy. I wanted more than anything for it to last."

No comments:

Post a Comment