Thursday, October 17, 2019

I Hate Everyone But You

Book 64 of my 2019 Reading Challenge
read from September 23 - 29

I Hate Everyone But You
by Gaby Dunn & Allison Raskin

Summary (via Goodreads)
published 2017

Dear Best Friend,
I can already tell that I will hate everyone but you.
Sincerely,
Ava Helmer
(that brunette who won’t leave you alone)

We're still in the same room, you weirdo.
Stop crying.
G


So begins a series of texts and emails sent between two best friends, Ava and Gen, as they head off to their first semesters of college on opposite sides of the country. From first loves to weird roommates, heartbreak, self-discovery, coming out and mental health, the two of them document every wild and awkward moment to each other. But as each changes and grows into her new life, will their friendship be able to survive the distance?

My Opinion
3 stars

This may be fictional life experiences but the book very much pulled from Gaby and Allison's real-life (or at least real-life as they portray it together online) dynamic and personalities and hearing their voices in the back-and-forth was inevitable.

Giving Igor a shoutout (because obviously I was going to picture their friend Igor, it's not a common name) but the character is called "Grabby Igor"...c'mon now, haha!

I picked up their second book Please Send Help... from the library at the same time as this one so I'll be reading it shortly.  I don't know if it's a sequel or the same characters but figured I might as well read them in publication order just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment