Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The Dark Flight Down

Book 61 of my 2019 Reading Challenge
read from September 8 - 11

The Dark Flight Down
by Marcus Sedgwick
Book 2 of the Book of Dead Days series

Summary 
published 2005

As I mentioned in my earlier review, the first book of this series didn't have any description on the jacket.  This book does but it has spoilers from the first book so I'm glad I didn't read it ahead of time and will not include it here.

My Opinion
4 stars

As I mentioned in my review of the first book, The Book of Dead Days, I went into it completely blind because there was no description on the book jacket.  Interestingly (or at least it was to me), the second book does have a summary on the jacket but I'm glad I didn't read it ahead of time because it has spoilers of the first book.

This book picks up immediately where the first book left off so it is imperative to read them both and read them in order.  There was a good conclusion and arc when looking at the two books as a whole together (there are no further books in the series).

It's on the young side and maybe even Juvenile Fiction, although it was shelved as YA in my library, so it was a quick read but I enjoyed it. 

Quote from the Book
"Every flake that fell hid the dark horror of the City a little more. Hid the horror, and dulled the memory. If it went on snowing, perhaps the horror would go too."

No comments:

Post a Comment