Monday, October 14, 2019

Love Poems (for Married People)

Book 56 of my 2019 Reading Challenge
read on August 27

Summary (via Goodreads)
published 2018

Full of brilliant wit, dynamic energy, and a heavy dose of reality, Love Poems for Married People takes the poetic form, turns it upside down and leaves it in the dishwasher to dry. Inspired by one of the most shared New Yorker pieces of all time, this collection captures the reality of life once the spark of a relationship has settled--and hilariously so. With brand new pieces that cover all areas of married life, from parental gripes to dwindling sex lives, Kenney's wry observations and sharp humor remind us exactly what it's like to spend the rest of your life with the person you love.

My Opinion
4 stars

Books like these are one of the many reasons I love libraries.  This was a light, super-quick read that I thoroughly enjoyed but wouldn't want to pay money for.

I read most of these aloud to my husband and we both laughed out loud multiple times.

No comments:

Post a Comment