Monday, October 21, 2019

Please Send Help

Book 68 of my 2019 Reading Challenge
read from October 8 - 9

Please Send Help
by Gaby Dunn & Allison Raskin

Summary (via Goodreads)
published 2019


In this hilarious follow-up novel to the New York Times bestseller I Hate Everyone But You, long distance best friends Ava and Gen have finally made it to the same time zone (although they’re still over a thousand miles apart).
Through their hilarious, sometimes emotional, but always relatable conversations, Ava and Gen are each other’s support systems through internships, relationship troubles, questionable roommates, undercover reporting, and whether or not it’s a good idea to take in a feral cat. Please Send Help perfectly captures the voice of young adults looking to find their place in the world and how no matter how desperate things seem, you always have your best friend to tell it like it is and pick you back up.

My Opinion
4 stars


I mentioned in my review of their first book, I Hate Everyone But You, that I picked them both up at the library at the same time and decided to read them in publication order even though I wasn't sure if the books were related or not.  Now that I've read them, they are definitely related and it's important to read them in order.

Please Send Help picks up a few years after the first book left off and I liked this one more because they were older and their experiences with first jobs were more interesting to me than their first year of college.  I think I also liked it because even though they were frustrated with each other at times it was only little tiffs and not as dramatic as the first book.

Also, as a fan of their YouTube videos and their friend Igor I appreciate that the book character Igor got a little redemption and wasn't grabby any more, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment