Monday, December 31, 2018

I'm Hosting as Fast as I Can!

Book 44 of my 2018 Reading Challenge

I'm Hosting as Fast as I Can! by Tom Bergeron

Summary (excerpt from the book jacket)
He's one of the most ubiquitous men on television. Certainly the most calm, cool, and collected - the kind of "off the cuff". And no one throws to a commercial better. 
Yes, Tom Bergeron is a Hollywood staple, and the role for which he is best known is...well...himself. But while he's a comforting presence to millions of people, cultivating this seemingly unshakeable positive outlook and cool persona took as much motivation, inspiration, perseverance, and experience as it would take to prepare a classic part for the stage.
I'm Holding as Fast as I Can! is the trying, often laugh-out-loud journey it took to get to himself.

My Opinion
I wondered if a biography from 2009 would hold up when it's about somebody still alive and active but it was funny and still interesting even though some of the information was outdated. 

Best out-of-context line: "So, not being crazy, I instead went off by myself to study mime in a converted barn in the Maine woods."

Quote from the Book
"Live television, like life itself, gives you only one shot. It's a good idea to pay attention."


No comments:

Post a Comment