Sunday, December 30, 2018

The Lace Reader

Book 27 of my 2018 Reading Challenge

The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

Summary (via Goodreads)
Every gift has a price . . . every piece of lace has a secret.
Towner Whitney, the self-confessed unreliable narrator, hails from a family of Salem women who can read the future in the patterns in lace, and who have guarded a history of secrets going back generations. Now the disappearance of two women is bringing Towner back home to Salem—and is bringing to light the shocking truth about the death of her twin sister.


My Opinion
I wavered between 3 and 4 stars but rounded up because I hit a point in the book where I couldn't set it down until I finished it, yet it was a little convoluted and the way everything was thrown together at the end didn't really make sense or wrap everything up.

I would definitely read this author again and after seeing on Goodreads that this is the first book in a series, I will probably continue this series as well.

Quote from the Book
"When the eyes begin to fill with tears and the patience is long exhausted, there will appear a glimpse of something not quite seen.
  In this moment an image will begin to form...In the space between what is real and what is only imagined."

No comments:

Post a Comment