Monday, December 31, 2018

Little Bee

Book 39 of my 2018 Reading Challenge

Little Bee by Chris Cleave

Summary (via the book jacket)
This is the story of two women. Their lives collide one fateful day, and one of them has to make a terrible choice, the kind of choice we hope you never have to face. Two years later, they meet again - the story starts there...
Once you have read it, you'll want to tell your friends about it. When you do, please don't tell them what happens. The magic is how the story unfolds.

My Opinion
Vague description leads to a vague review but 5 star read for me.  I could've stopped to make notes of quotes all the time because the voice is unique and the writing is beautiful.

My edition had a q-and-a section at the end and it added an extra heartbreaking layer to the read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment