Tuesday, December 13, 2022

21 Proms

Book 34 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

21 Proms
by various authors

3 stars

Published in 2007, 21 Proms is a collection of stories by various authors that all center around the theme of Prom Night.  I picked it up at the library as a quick read and even though I'm many years removed from a high school dance, the stories were pretty much enjoyable.

I loved the line, "...I know that I'm not as alone as people here want me to think. I've got a whole world out there waiting for me, and they've just got each other" from the story "Mom called, she says you have to go to prom" by Adrienne Maria Vrettos.  It really captured the feeling of those who don't feel that high school will be the peak of their lives and look forward to moving on and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment