Saturday, December 31, 2022

Hidden Power

 Book 62 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

Hidden Power: Presidential Marriages That Shaped Our History
by Kati Marton

4 stars

This was published in 2002 and my first thought was that the Obamas would've made an excellent addition to these examples; I want an updated edition after a few more presidencies have passed!  

I also noticed how the way people view the Clintons has changed with time - the book being written shortly after Bill left office just as Hillary was being elected to the Senate paints a different picture than history now reflects.  

Looking at the marriages and partnerships instead of the individuals is an angle I haven't seen before but makes complete sense.  Of course the presidency is shaped by the president's home life.  All in all, a really interesting and well-researched book.




No comments:

Post a Comment