Saturday, December 31, 2022

XX

Book 39 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

XX
by Rian Hughes

3 stars

This book caught my eye as I was walking around the library because the title started with "X" and that's usually a hard letter to get on my A-Z challenge.  That was a risk considering the book is almost 1000 pages but luckily it didn't feel that long.  There were different formats and styles used throughout the book that broke it up so it wasn't just a slog of words.

Published in 2020, XX is about the aftermath of discovering and trying to decode a mysterious signal sent from space.  I gave up trying to understand it pretty early and when I decided not to overthink it and just watch the story as a bystander it zipped right along.  I really liked the characters and their group dynamic.

No comments:

Post a Comment