Saturday, December 31, 2022

Uncharted Waters

Book 41 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

Uncharted Waters
by Sally Hepworth

3 stars

Uncharted Waters is a short story that takes place on a charter boat at sea.  Ella is unexpectedly alone after her husband can't make the trip, giving her the opportunity to discover new things about herself.  It is the first book in the "Getaway" series.

Since this was a short story everything developed very quickly.  The setting of the sea helped explain the immediacy of some bonds since this was a small group spending many waking hours together.  There were also seemingly very out-of-character moments that happened with little hesitation but everything happened so quickly I didn't really notice until it was over and I was reflecting.

I rounded up to 3 stars since it was a short story.  If it had been any longer or tried to expand relationships any further, I would've rounded down to 2.  All in all a quick read that was unpredictable and I will continue the series (which appear to be by different authors).

No comments:

Post a Comment