Saturday, December 31, 2022

Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come

 Book 55 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come: One Introvert's Year of Saying Yes
by Jessica Pan

3 stars

Published in 2019, Sorry I'm Late covers a year of the author's life as she attempts activities outside her comfort zone and challenges her introverted tendencies.  I'm an introvert myself and while I can understand wanting to push boundaries a little bit, this was such a 180 I really struggled to understand why she would put herself through this.  I felt a lot of secondhand embarrassment and some of the things even extroverts would struggle with.

I noticed the author had some "not supposed to" responses to her natural inclinations, such as not bringing books or visiting museums on a trip.  It's fine to want to push yourself to explore more but why completely deny yourself things you enjoy?  Extroverts enjoy museums too.

I definitely want to listen to the podcast The Moth after reading about it, it sounds like something I'd really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment