Saturday, December 31, 2022

Mother of All Secrets

Book 40 of my 2022 Reading Challenge

Mother of All Secrets
by Kathleen M. Willett

3 stars

Published in 2022, Mother of All Secrets centers around Jenn, a new mom who joins a moms' group hoping to regain some semblance of herself but instead becomes involved in a mystery when the group leader disappears.

I'd already chosen this book from Amazon First Reads but bumped it to the top of my list after a friend's review on Goodreads.  I like reading mysteries on my e-reader because I turn the page count off and having no idea how much is left of the book really helps keep me guessing when it comes to clues.

This is the kind of book that kept my interest while reading but doesn't really hold up to scrutiny when reflecting on it.  There were lots of coincidences and the characters had to interact in unusual ways to keep the story moving - not sharing basic information that would've revealed things earlier yet oversharing deep secrets at the same time to help move things along.

I would recommend it as a quick way to pass the time but don't overthink it when you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment